What I Wish I Had Known Before Becoming a Music Teacher
About this Webinar –
How cool is this? TWENTY successful, veteran music teachers share what they had wish they had known BEFORE becoming a music teacher! Here’s wisdom you simply cannot buy. If you’re a music teacher, especially if you’re a young teacher or plan to teach music in the future, every word in this webinar is GOLD! Watch it, and you’ll know what we mean.
Our Presenters –
- Chris Auchly – Retired Band Director, Festus R-6 School District
- Kurt Bauche – Retired Band Director, Farmington School District
- Sheila Baer – Pre-K Through 5 Elementary Music, Union R-XI – Co-Director East Central Children’s Chorale
- Leslie Chambers – Vocal & Instrumental Director, Crest Ridge Secondary School
- Ann Goodwin Clark – Retired Band Director, Cameron School District – Past President, Missouri Bandmasters
- Patrick Dell – Vocal Music Grades 4-12, Hermann Middle School and High School
- Rebecca Friesen – Director of Bands, Kirkwood School District
- Paul Holzen – Band Retired, Parkway Central MS – Senior Enlisted Manager, 566th Air Force Band
- Larry Johnson – Band Director, St. Joseph School, Cottleville MO
- Jodi Kratzer – Vocal Music Teacher, Fort Zumwalt North Middle School
- Mark Lawley – Choir Director, Willard High School
- Doug Hoover – Director of Bands, Parkway Central High School
- Steve Litwiller – MMEA Mentoring Chair
- Jim Oliver – Retired Instrumental Music Coordinator and Band Director, Lee Summit R-7 School District
- Joe Pappas – Adjunct Professor at Southeast Missouri State University – Owner and Publisher of JPM Music
- Mike Parkinson – Educational Specialist for Conn-Selmer – Trinity Jazz Ensemble Director
- Kim Pirtle – Director of Bands, Carthage R-9 School District
- Jennifer Sager – Director of Bands, Carthage R-9 School District
- Rene’ Spencer – Elementary Methods at Missouri Southern University – Kodaly Instructor, MSU Kodaly Institute
- Caleb Zustiak – Vocal Music, Festus R-6 Middle School
Watch the Preview
To gain the most benefit, please follow these suggested steps:
Step One – Download the Note Page
Prepare to either type your notes into the Word.doc or Google Doc and save the changes, or write in your notes by hand into a printed copy.
Step Two –
As you view the webinar, we encourage you to take notes as you go along. Feel free to stop the recording and rewind as needed.
Step Three – Download the Action Plan Template
Choose either format; Word Doc or Google Doc. After considering the key points that you wish to implement, describe the point in the ACTION BOX select a date for the initial implementation. Then, select a date that you plan to review and assess the success of the implementation.
Step Four –
An 80% score or better will result in a Certificate of Completion emailed to the address you provide. Those scoring less than 80% will be allowed to retake the quiz. In order to do so, you’ll need to register in the quiz with an alternate email.
Step Five – Review the Follow-up Links and Materials Below
The following is from NPD Webinars:
The following are from The Nottelmann Blog:
The following are important links to materials recommended in the webinar: