Our Featured Webinar – Your Successful Middle School Band Program
About this Webinar –
While we feature many NPD Webinars that address important topics in teaching band, this webinar focuses on the intermediate grades. This webinar identifies the challenges of teaching middle school band and provides real-world solutions. The webinar includes the following topics:
- How teaching middle school band differs from high school
- Classroom Management
- The Daily Warm-up
- Criteria to Consider in Literature Selection
- Successful Structure and Pacing of the Rehearsal
- Developing Student leadership
- Sight-reading in the middle grades
- Expectations of Home Practice
- Considerations of Preparing Students for High School
- The band as part of the school community
- Festivals and Travel
- How to Build Parent Support
- Hot Tips
Click to watch the Preview Video
Our Presenters –
- Paul Holzen – a retired band director of 30 years, last directed the band at Parkway Central Middle School. Currently serves as a Road Representative and Clinician for Nottelmann Music.
- Larry Johnson – currently grades 4-8 band director at St. Joseph School, St. Charles, MO. Also serves as jazz band director at St. Dominic High School, O’Fallon MO.
- Steve Owen – a retired band director of many years, mostly at Oakville Middle School and Bishop Dubourg High School.